Every woman desires to get naturally glowing skin. They want their skin free from rashes, dark spots, acne, fine lines, radicals, and other skin problems. This could be achieved by trying a face mask at home. The face masks, made of natural ingredients, help your skin by providing various nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants and keeping your skin free from all skin problems. They even provide the required glow and shine to the skin, making your skin appear young and healthy.
20 Best Face Mask at Home for Natural Glowing Skin
Make a natural face mask at home and apply it to flawless, smooth, and soft skin. Before selecting the natural ingredient for your face, ensure your skin is not allergic to it. Even natural ingredients can cause allergies. Therefore, choose a suitable face mask for your skin and apply it to get the desired results.
Here is a list of the best face mask that you can try at home to get glowing and flawless skin;
1. Tomato and Lemon Face Mask
Tomato is the best ingredient in the face mask; it helps you get rid of dead skin, oiliness, irritable skin, and sunburns, as it is the natural sun protectant. It also tightens the pores of your skin and gives your skin a youthful glow. Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, which fight the signs of ageing, skin cancer, and various other skin-related problems. Use tomato in your face mask as it also helps to remove tan from the skin and make it brighter.
Lemon has high pH levels, and it helps to decrease the oil from the skin. It also reduces inflammation, premature ageing, and skin damage. Lemon can treat leukoderma and take back you to your natural colour. Making a face mask of these ingredients will surely give your skin amazing benefits.
- One fresh tomato, and
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Firstly, take the tomato and make a puree by mixing it in a mixer.
- Now, add two tablespoons of lemon juice to the puree.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply to your cleansed face and neck area.
- Let the mask dry for 20 minutes on your face and neck area.
- Now, wash your face with cold water, dab a fresh towel and get tan free skin.
2. Banana Yoghurt Face Mask
Bananas face masks are best for people who have dry skin; they moisturize your skin and make it soft and supple. Bananas are rich in vitamin A, which helps your skin restore moisture and make your skin soft and smooth. With high antioxidants, banana removes all the wrinkles and fine lines from your skin and make your skin look young.
Plain yoghurt has certain skin benefits, and it helps cure acne, age spots, and uneven skin tone. It also supports increased elasticity in the skin and improves the overall skin appearance. This is a must-try face mask to get glowing and bright skin.
- One banana,
- Two tablespoons of hung curd, and
- One tablespoon honey.
- Take a clean container and mash banana in it.
- Now, mix hung curd and honey in the mashed banana.
- Mix all the ingredients well and make a paste of it.
- Apply the mask on your cleansed face and neck area.
- Keep this mask for 30 minutes on your face and neck.
- Rinse your face and neck with cold water and dab a fresh towel on your skin.
- Now, your skin will be as soft as a baby.
3. Aloe Vera and Glycerin Face Mask
Aloe vera is one of the best natural ingredients you can use in your face masks. It has also been extensively used in cosmetics because of its amazing anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. The soft gel of aloe vera helps your skin moisturize and protects it from sunburns. The vitamin C and E content in aloe vera help to improve the skin’s firmness and keeps it hydrated for a long period.
Glycerine is an excellent humectant that retains the moisture in your skin cells and increases hydration in your skin. It relives dullness and dryness from the skin, making it appear soft and fresh. Try this face mask out and see the miraculous results on your skin.
- One tablespoon allover gel,
- A few drops of glycerin.
- In a clean bowl, add aloe vera gel and a few drops of glycerin.
- Mix the ingredients well and remove all the lumps.
- Apply the mixture on cleansed face and neck.
- Let the mask dry on your face and neck for 20 minutes.
- Now, rinse your face and neck with cold water.
- Dab your face and neck with a neat towel or napkin and get soft and glowing skin.
4. Carrot and Honey Face Mask
Carrots provide a natural glow to your skin. The beta carotene in carrot aids your skin and protects it from dangerous ultraviolet damage. Applying carrot on your face as a mask can heal your skin thoroughly and make you look bright and radiant.
Raw honey helps fight acne on your skin and speed up the healing process in your skin cells. If you have itchy rashes on your face, then applying honey to the affected area will help the skin soothe and reduce the signs of eczema lesions. When you mix carrot and honey and use it as a face pack, your skin will start glowing from within.
- 2-3 boiled carrots,
- 2-3 teaspoon honey.
- Take a clean bowl and mash the carrots completely.
- Add honey to the mashed carrots and mix it well.
- Apply this face mask on your face and neck.
- Let the face mask dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face thoroughly and get radiant skin.
5. Green Tea and Honey Face Mask
Green tea is an excellent antioxidant, and it contains polyphenols, epigallocatechin gallate, and epicatechin gallate that can fight radicals on the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce skin irritation, redness, and swelling from the skin. It soothes the skin thoroughly and makes it soft and smooth.
Mix honey with green tea as honey moisturizes the skin deeply and clears pores from blackheads, whiteheads, and dead skin cells. It also removes the inflammation on your skin and helps your skin heal fast. Being a gentle exfoliator, honey removes all the dead skins cells make your complexion brighter.
- A few green tea leaves,
- One teaspoon honey.
- Firstly, cut the green tea bag and take a few green tea leaves in a bowl
- Add honey and mix the ingredients well.
- Now, coat your entire face and neck area with this face mask.
- Leave the mask for 15 minutes on your face and neck.
- Rinse your face and neck with warm water, dab a fresh towel on your face and get soft and smooth skin.
6. Turmeric Face Mask
Turmeric is a famous ingredient in our home kitchens the medicinal properties of turmeric helps to reduce, blemish and maintain flawless skin. The curcumin in turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that protect the skin from harsh external elements and brings natural luster and glow to the skin.
When mixed with lemon juice, turmeric powder will help you lighten pigmentation and discolouration on your skin and make your skin toned and free from radicals.
- Three tablespoon lemon juice, and
- Add one tablespoon turmeric powder.
- To prepare the mask, mix turmeric powder and lemon juice well in a container.
- Apply the mask on your cleansed face and neck thoroughly.
- Keep the mask for 20 minutes on your face and neck and let it dry.
- Rinse your face and neck with lukewarm water.
- Now, you will get the desired glowing and smooth skin.
7. Avocado Face Mask
Avocados are rich in fat compounds and vitamins that help the skin repair deeply and fight chronic conditions like acne, eczema, and other skin-related problems. The nutrients present in avocados improve the chapped skin and tone the skin’s texture efficiently.
The monosaturated fats in avocados increase skin elasticity and make your skin look young and radiant. Therefore, applying an avocado face mask benefits your skin in several ways and is a must-try face mask at home.
- 1 Avocado,
- Two tablespoon plain yoghurt,
- One tablespoon olive oil, and
- One tablespoon honey.
- Take a fresh bowl and mix Avocado, yoghurt, olive oil and honey
- Mix the ingredients well and form a paste
- Apply the paste on your face and neck.
- Keep it for 15-20 minutes and let it dry.
- Rinse your face and neck thoroughly and get clear, glowing skin.
8. Rose Water and Sandalwood Mask
Sandalwood has cooling properties and has been curing acne, dullness, and other skin-related problems for several years. It also nourishes the skin, improves its elasticity, and makes your skin shine and glow. The Alpha-Santalol component in sandalwood helps synthesize melanin’s skin pigment and protects skin from harmful ultraviolet rays.
When you combine rose water and sandalwood, you will get soft and glowing skin.
- Two tablespoons of sandalwood powder, and
- A few drops of rose water.
- Take a clean bowl and mix sandalwood powder and rose water in it.
- Mix the ingredients well and prepare a paste with a smooth consistency.
- Apply the paste on your face and neck area thoroughly.
- Wash your face and neck with cold water, and wipe off with a neat towel.
- Now, you will have clear and soft skin.
9. Orange and Curd Face Mask
Oranges are rich in citric acid, which helps control acne and skin ageing. It is a good toner for your skin, which helps maintain the skin’s elasticity and tighten the skin pores. When mixed with curd, orange juice becomes an excellent natural face pack and gives a sun-kissed glow freshness to your skin; it also helps to lighten dark skin spots. Because of its amazing properties and easy-to-make face mask at home, it is one of the loved masks among ladies.
- One teaspoon pure orange juice, and
- Two teaspoon curd.
- Take a clean bowl and add orange juice and curd in it.
- Mix the ingredients well and massage this mask on your cleansed face.
- Apply the whole mask in a circular motion on your face.
- Let the face mask dry for a few minutes.
- Rinse your face with cold water and get glowing and soft skin.
10. Papaya Face Mask
Papaya battles the dry and flaky skin and nourishes your skin by giving an excellent moisturizer to it. This fantastic fruit even removes tan, dark circles, and acne too. Papaya is rich in enzymes such as papain, and these enzymes help fight skin irritation and blister formation on the skin. Therefore, including a papaya face mask in your skincare is the best option to get glamorous skin.
- 8-10 cubes raw papaya,
- One teaspoon milk or malai, and
- One tablespoon honey.
- Add papaya, milk or malai, and honey in a clean bowl.
- Smash papaya and mix the ingredients well, making a paste of it.
- Apply the paste on the face and neck thoroughly.
- Leave it dry for 15- 20 minutes, and rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Now, you will see a glowing effect on your skin.
11. Almond Oil and Aloe Vera Face Mask
Almonds are just for snacking; these nuts have essential oil, benefiting the skin in several ways. They help treat wounds, cuts, and patches on the skin and make your skin soft and smooth. Almond oil has various nutrients, vitamins A, E, omega three fatty acids, and zinc. These components help produce new skin cells and protect from cell damage caused by ultraviolet rays. They also protect the skin from premature ageing.
Use almond oil with aloe vera, create a perfect face mask at your home and get flawless skin.
- Two tablespoon Aloe Vera gel,
- Three tablespoon almond oil,
- One fresh ripen banana.
- In a clean bowl, mash banana, and add aloe vera gel and almond oil.
- Still, the ingredients well and mix them thoroughly.
- Apply the face mask on your cleansed face and neck.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes on your face and neck.
- Rinse your face and neck with warm water and get flawless skin.
12. Coffee and Turmeric Face Mask
Coffee is the best ingredient to prepare the face mask. It is not harsh and is a good exfoliator for the skin. The antioxidants present in the coffee acts as a natural defence on the skin and provide energy to the skin cells. It also protects the DNA damage and offers a therapeutic option for non-melanoma skin cancer.
Applying coffee with turmeric helps to reduce acne, dullness, scars, and oil from the skin and keeps it hydrated. It also clears pores and inflammation from the skin. Thus, giving your face a natural and lustrous glow.
- One tablespoon instant coffee powder
- One tablespoon turmeric and
- Add one tablespoon of yoghurt
- In a clean bowl, mix coffee powder, turmeric and yoghurt well
- Apply the mask all over your face, especially the under-eye area.
- Keep the mask for 20 minutes on your face.
- Now, rinse your face thoroughly and damp a clean towel on your face.
13. Besan or Gram Flour and Turmeric Mask
Besides being the best tan removal pack, besan or gram flour also helps to remove facial hair. It fights with pimples, lightens the dark face and neck, fades acne scars, and help’s your skin get rid of blackheads. Besan or gram flour, when mixed with turmeric, will give amazing benefits to your skin and make your skin picture perfect. Try this face mask at home and see its miraculous effects on your skin.
- One tablespoon gram flour,
- One teaspoon turmeric,
- A few drops of lemon juice,
- A few drops of rose water.
- To make this face mask, mix gram flour and turmeric powder.
- Squeeze lemon juice and add rose water to the mixture.
- Apply the face mask gently on your face.
- Let it dry for 10- 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water and get glowing skin.
14. Chocolate Mask
Dark chocolate is a pack of antioxidants; it lightens your face and is the best antiageing mask. It brings the moisturizer and improves collagen production in the skin, making your skin glow. The oily skin is more prone to breakouts, and applying chocolate to your skin can help you to reduce it. It provides wonders to your skin, even in winter, keeping your skin hydrated and moisturized. So don’t forget to add this mask to your skincare plan.
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder,
- Three tablespoons oats,
- Four tablespoons cream, and
- 1/4 cup of honey.
- Take a clean bowl and mix cocoa powder, oat, cream and honey thoroughly.
- Apply the layer of mask on your cleansed face.
- Let the mask set on your skin for 10 minutes.
- Rinse your face, wipe off with a clean towel, and get soft and smooth skin.
15. Oatmeal Face Mask
Oatmeal is rich in proteins and vitamin E that healthily benefits the skin. It relieves the skin from itchiness and heals the skin with care. The flavonoids present in the oatmeal protects the skin from external harmful toxin and chemicals and also gently remove the dead skin cells from the skin.
The saponins in the oatmeal don’t strip away the natural oils from the skin and thus keep your skin hydrated. Anyone from dry skin to sensitive skin can apply this face mask at home and pamper their skin with love.
- Three teaspoon oats,
- One teaspoon almond,
- 1/2 cup warm milk,
- One teaspoon rose water, and
- One teaspoon plane yoghurt.
- Blend oats in warm milk and stir it well.
- Now add almond, rose water and yoghurt to the mixture.
- Apply the paste on your cleansed skin.
- Leave the paste for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse your face and wipe it off with a clean towel to get soft and smooth skin.
16. Charcoal Face Mask
Activated charcoal is the best personal skin care product. It cleanses the skin and removes impurities from the skin. It also reduces acne breakouts and clears the pores from all the bacterias. Charcoal removes dead skin cells, absorbs excess oil from the skin, and free it from germs. It is the best-recommended face mask to try at home by experts.
- Two teaspoon water,
- One teaspoon bentonite clay,
- One teaspoon activated charcoal powder,
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey,
- One drop of essential oil (optional)
- To make the charcoal mask, add bentonite clay to a clean bowl.
- Put water and let the clay get absorbed for a few minutes.
- Now, add raw honey, charcoal powder and essential oil to the bowl.
- Apply the paste and let it dry for a few minutes on your face.
- Rinse your face, wipe off with a clean towel, and get glowing skin.
17. Almond Face Mask
Almonds nourish your skin with essential vitamins. It is loaded with vitamin E, Omega 3, and 6, which benefits the skin by removing wrinkles, radicles, and dark circles. Almond is a good substitute to clean makeup and reduce rashes, burns, and other inflammation caused on the skin. Use this face mask to get clear skin.
- 4-5 almonds,
- 1 cup milk.
- The next morning, peel the skin of the almonds and make a paste of it.
- Apply a thin layer of the paste at night.
- Keep the mask on your face overnight.
- Rinse your face the next morning and dab it with a clean towel.
18. Peach and Brandy Mask
Peach removes dark circles and provides nutrients to the skin that fights wrinkles. It is the best anti-ageing mask that tightens the skin and gives miraculous effects. Brandy clears the free radicles and eliminates their effect on the skin. When you combine these ingredients, you will have bright and radiant skin.
- One peach,
- One teaspoon brandy.
- Mash 1 peach in a clean bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of brandy to the peach mixture.
- Apply the thin paste on your face and neck.
- Keep the mask for 20 minutes and rinse off your face with warm water.
- Get luminous skin after applying this mask.
19. Watermelon and Yogurt Mask
Watermelon has vitamins A and C, which help boost collagen production in the skin and makes your skin appear brighter. It repairs the skin cells and keeps the skin supple. Watermelons are so juicy that they can keep your skin hydrated for an extended period. Its anti-ageing properties help your skin to get smooth, plump, and glowing skin. When mixed with yoghurt, it helps to remove tan and make your skin more bright and radiant.
- A few cubes of watermelon,
- 1 cup yoghurt.
- Blend watermelon cubes in a clean bowl.
- Add yoghurt to the mixture and apply it with a brush on your face.
- Keep the mask for 20 minutes and let it dry.
- Now, wash your face and get perfect flawless skin.
20. Mint and Multani Mitti Face Mask
Mint has cooling properties. It helps in calming the irritated skin. It heals wounds, hydrates skin tones, and brightens the complexion. Whereas “Multani Mitti” or fuller’s earth improves blood circulation and gives a tightening effect to the skin, It also retains the nutrients and moisture in the skin. “Multani Mitti” or fuller’s earth is the best exfoliator, as It cleanses the skin and keeps your pores bacteria-free.
- Bunch of mint leaves.
- 1/2 cup Multani mitti.
- Wash mint leaves, grind them and make a paste of them.
- Add Multani mitti or fuller’s earth to the mint paste.
- Apply a thin paste on your face and neck area.
- Leave the paste to dry on the skin for a few minutes. (Caution: Avoid face movements when you apply this mask)
- Wash your face thoroughly when the paste is dry.
- Get glowing and smooth skin after applying this mask.
The above guide provides you with the top 20 best face masks to try at home. Add these face masks to your skincare guide and get glowing and flawless skin. Pamper your skin with the best face mask and take care of your skin at home without any need of booking any salon appointments.
If you have any doubts or queries, please contact us by posting your comments below. Our team will be right back to resolve all your doubts or questions earliest.